Our intellectual property expertise covers all aspects of intellectual property rights including patents, utility models, trademark, copyright, design, geographical indications, plant varieties and internet domain names and is recognised as leading IP practice in Turkey.
We provide a full range of legal services including civil, criminal and administrative litigation, arbitration and mediation, advisory, transactional, registration, opposition, maintenance, enforcement, anti-counterfeiting and investigation advice.
We combine our strengths in IP services with our industry specific expertise and devise and implement IP strategies to handle complex disputes. We invest in the training and education of our team aiming to have them recognised as leaders in their fields.
Through a substantial network of collaborating law firms and agents we manage and coordinate our clients’ IP related activities globally.
We advocate on Turkish IP laws’ compatibility with international treaties and standards. Individually and through local and international associations we work to raise IP protection standards. We strive to establishment of precedents in cases we act as counsel. We regularly contribute to all leading local and international IP associations. Our members lecture IP law and practice in some of the Istanbul universities.
Our comprehensive IP services have evolved into the following specialised departments:
- Articles: TPTO Refuses Trade Mark Solely due to Bad Faith, 07.09.2018
- Articles: Turkish Court of Appeals Grants Protection to Well-Known ‘JELIBON’ Trade Mark Despite Its Original Lack of Distinctiveness, 07.09.2018
- Articles: International Registrations Subject to Disparate Treatment in Opposition Proceedings, 07.09.2018
- Articles: New Presidential Government System Brings Changes to Patent and Trademark Office’s Legal Framework, 30.07.2018
- Articles: Registration No Longer Constitutes Legitimate Use Defence in Turkey, 13.07.2018
- Articles: Declaration of Use under New IP Law: Consequences and Timelines, 01.06.2018
- Country Guides: Anti-counterfeiting 2018 in Turkey, 25.05.2018
- Articles: District Court Confirms Regulatory Data Protection is an IP Right, 24.05.2018
- Country Guides: IP in Business Transactions 2018 in Turkey, 24.05.2018
- Country Guides: Patents, Trade Marks, Copyright and Designs 2018 in Turkey, 24.05.2018