Our intellectual property expertise covers all aspects of intellectual property rights including patents, utility models, trademark, copyright, design, geographical indications, plant varieties and internet domain names and is recognised as leading IP practice in Turkey.
We provide a full range of legal services including civil, criminal and administrative litigation, arbitration and mediation, advisory, transactional, registration, opposition, maintenance, enforcement, anti-counterfeiting and investigation advice.
We combine our strengths in IP services with our industry specific expertise and devise and implement IP strategies to handle complex disputes. We invest in the training and education of our team aiming to have them recognised as leaders in their fields.
Through a substantial network of collaborating law firms and agents we manage and coordinate our clients’ IP related activities globally.
We advocate on Turkish IP laws’ compatibility with international treaties and standards. Individually and through local and international associations we work to raise IP protection standards. We strive to establishment of precedents in cases we act as counsel. We regularly contribute to all leading local and international IP associations. Our members lecture IP law and practice in some of the Istanbul universities.
Our comprehensive IP services have evolved into the following specialised departments:
- Articles: Turkish Patent and Trademark Office Published the New Trademark Examination Guideline, 15.11.2019
- Articles: EBAY Recorded As a Well-Known Trademark in Turkey, 30.10.2019
- Articles: Conversion of a Non-Examined Patent to an Examined Patent During Court Proceedings, 30.10.2019
- Treatises: Global Patent Litigation 2019, Turkey Chapter, 20.10.2019
- Treatises: International Design Protection, A Global Handbook, Second Edition, Turkey Chapter, 18.10.2019
- Articles: Having Business in the Same Sector is Sufficient for Proving “Legal Interest”, 15.10.2019
- Articles: New Trade Mark Examination Guideline in Turkey, 15.10.2019
- Articles: Determination of Non-Infringement Action Is To Be Rejected If Marketing Authorisation Is Not Granted Yet, 30.09.2019
- Country Guides: Trademark Litigation 2019 in Turkey, 19.09.2019
- Articles: Significant Amendments to the Regulation on the Implementation of the Industrial Property Code, 09.08.2019