Aysel Korkmaz Yatkın joined the firm in 2008 and became a partner in 2020. She specializes in intellectual property; insurance and reinsurance; dispute management and business crimes and anti-corruption practices with a special focus on patents and utility models.
With almost 15-years of experience on patents, she has been providing consultancy on all matters related to the patent law and has been leading numerous patent actions. With a vast advisory and litigation expertise particularly with regards to protection of patent rights, Aysel Korkmaz Yatkın also represents various pharmaceutical companies before the Ministry of Health in relation to the regulatory matters and gives support to these companies on regulatory matters during the audits conducted before the Ministry of Health.
She supervises the team in relation to strategy and policy setting issues, for comprehensive and complex mandates related to the insurance disputes and negotiates the settlement assessment. She has been providing consultancy on all matters and has been leading numerous commercial disputes with a vast advisory and litigation expertise particularly with regards to compensation actions, unfair competition claims, preliminary injunction, and enforcement of the preliminary injunctions. She has significant experience helping clients achieve positive outcomes across a variety of industries and sectors.
World IP Day - Access to Medicine, Compulsory Licensing and Protection of Patent Rights, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, Istanbul, 10.05.2022
Agent Inventions, AIPPI Turkey - Online Seminar Series, Speaker, 05.05.2021
Compensation Lawsuits For Alleged Injustice In Pharmaceutical Sector, Gün + Partners, Speaker, 02.12.2020
Guarantee Amounts for Preliminary Injunction Decisions in Patent Litigation, AIPPI Turkey – Current Developments on Intellectual Property Practice Seminar, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, 06.12.2019
Law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association - Patent Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Istanbul, Turkey, 29.10.2019
Law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association - Patent Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Istanbul, Turkey, 06.10.2019
Employee Inventions, Model Court of Justice 2019, Speaker, Ankara, Turkey, 10.02.2019
Ex-parte Preliminary Injunction (Case study), Taylor Wessing - Europeans Patent Forum, Speaker, Munich, Germany, 11.10.2018
Patent and Trademark Law Applications in the scope of SME No. 6769, Hukuk Akademisi seminar, Instructor, Istanbul, Turkey, 02.06.2018
Patent protection in pharmaceutical product and second medical use claims, relationship between patent and marketing authorization, and cases, DETTO InventUP Health Program, Speaker, Izmir, Turkey, 16.01.2018
Turkey’s New Industrial Property Code (no:6769), Gün + Partners Seminar, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, 10.02.2017
- Insurance Litigation 2023 in Turkey
- Unified Patent Court - How It Will Resonate in Turkey?
- “Plausibility” in Turkish Patent Law and Its Impact on Invalidation Proceedings
- The Need for an Injunction in Cases Where the EPO Proceeding is held as a Pending Issue
- Preliminary Injunction Decisions against Patent Trolls to Prevent the Enforcement of Patent Rights
- Current Practice of Bolar Exemption in Turkish Patent Law
- REGIONAL COURT OF APPEALS: The Decision of the Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Refusal of the Applications of the Original Medicine Owners to Obtain Information on Reference Product is Unlawful
- Cyber Insurance and Insuring NFTs
- Determination of Evidence in Disputes Over Pharmaceutical Patents
- What The Plausibility Requirement Means For Turkish IP Law
- State Council’s Decision on the Rules and Procedures Regarding Experts at Insurance Arbitration Commission
- The Dangers of Basing Preliminary Injunctions on Determination of Evidence
- A Milestone Decision on the Patentability of Second Medical Use Claims
- The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review, 10th Edition, Turkey Chapter
- Seeking Information on Pending MA Applications Is Lawful According to Administrative Court
International Bar Association (IBA)
Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI), Patents Committee
Better Justice Association
- 2007, International Commercial and Business Law, University of East Anglia, Norwich, England (Degree of Master of Law)
- 2004, Faculty of Law, Yeditepe University, Istanbul LL.B.
- 1999, Akyurt Health High School, Ankara