Information Letter For Processing of Personal Data
We appreciate your interest in our webinars.
As Gün + Partners, we care about the privacy and security of your personal data. Acting in accordance with the obligations arising from the legislation is also one of our primary priorities. In this context, as data controller located in Turkey, in accordance with Turkish Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“Law”), we would like to inform you about your personal data to be processed related to our webinars.
Which Types of Personal Data Do We Process?
This Information Letter includes information regarding the processing of your non-sensitive personal data, such as your name and surname, e-mail address which you may provide for webinar attendance, questions and requests you may submit within the scope of webinar as well as your feedbacks on our webinars. Your personal data to be processed by us regarding our webinars to which we invite you and where we care about your participation/contributions is limited only with these mentioned types of personal data.
If you register/sign up for the products (online meeting / video conferencing platform or applications) of the company offering the relevant visual conferencing service to us and create an account for the related products depending on your preference, the relevant company may request additional personal data from you. However, such additional personal data is not relevant to Gün + Partners' data processing purposes and we will not be data controller for such personal data. This additional personal data, which may be requested by the relevant company, will not be shared with us also. In such cases, we recommend you to review the relevant company's personal data protection and privacy policies and information.
Gün + Partners currently procures services from Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (“Zoom”) for videoconferencing. However there are also different alternatives for you to follow our webinars.
- Alternatively, you can follow our webinar live via our LinkedIn profile on your LinkedIn accounts or via YouTube without any need to create an account depending on your preference. In this case, we will not process any personal data relating to your webinar attendance.
For What Purposes and Legal Reasons Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Your personal data will be processed as part of our “legitimate interest” to make our webinar useful to you and our other attendees only to the extent necessary, in accordance with Article 5/2 (f) of the Law, in a way that does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms and has no consequences detrimental to you, for the following purposes:
- to be able to answer any questions you may ask us within the scope of webinar and to realize the benefits that our attendees expect from our webinar,
- to analyze your feedback and attendance statistics, to evaluate the anonymous data obtained from such analysis for next webinars we may organize for our attendees,
- to conduct legal or administrative audit studies in order to ensure the quality, competence and reliability of our webinars and their implementation in accordance with the law and Gün + Partners policies, and to be able to assign the necessary tasks for our webinars.
As mentioned above, you may attend in our webinars anonymously. Therefore, you will have complete control over the data to be used for the above purposes.
To Whom and for What Purposes May We Transfer Your Personal Data?
Personal data subject to this Information Letter will only be processed by us. We will not transfer it to any person in Turkey or abroad.
However, as mentioned above, if you follow our webinars via Zoom, YouTube or LinkedIn, these third parties may also process your personal data for their own purposes. These platforms may transfer your data to third parties under their policies. Currently, all of these platforms’ servers and databases are outside Turkey. All of the data you share with these platforms will be transferred outside Turkey.
We have no control over the data processing purposes of the relevant platforms and Gün + Partners is not the data controller for these purposes. Besides, as mentioned above, you can watch our webinars without sharing personal data with these platforms.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
Your name, surname and e-mail address may have already been in our records as part of your subscription in our newsletters. Therefore, we will not obtain any additional personal data unless you have questions, requests or feedbacks regarding our webinars. You will also be able to submit your questions and requests in writing via Zoom during our webinars.
If your information is not in our records as part of your subscription in our newsletters and our webinar invitation is forwarded to you by one of our current subscribers, in case you provide your first and last name during your attendance in our webinars, we may obtain this information through Zoom, YouTube or LinkedIn. Your feedbacks on our webinars will also be evaluated in this context.
Finally, in order to better understand your request, you may submit during our webinars, we can contact you after our webinars, we may also request additional information from you, either in writing or verbally, by automatic or non-automatic means or this information may be given directly to us by you, either automatically or non-automatically means, in writing or verbally, for your needs. This information will also be subject to this Information Letter.
What Are Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have the following rights under the Law:
- to learn if your personal data is being processed, to request information about processing,
- to learn the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used in accordance with their purpose,
- to know the third parties to which your personal data is transferred,
- to request that your personal data be corrected if it is incomplete or improperly processed and if you exercise this right, to request that this be reported to third parties to whom your personal data is transferred,
- to request for deletion or destruction of your personal data if the reasons for the processing of your personal data are no longer available, and if you exercise this right, to request that this be reported to third parties to whom your personal data is transferred,
- to object the outcome about you through analysis of the information we obtain with automated systems and to claim compensation in case you suffer any losses.
As Gün + Partners, without prejudice to our rights and obligations under applicable legislation, we undertake that you may exercise these rights at any time and in the most appropriate manner.
For all questions and requests regarding your personal data, you can contact us through the information below: