This event has passed
A conference co-presented by the IBA Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee, the IBA Technology Law Committee and the IBA Healthcare and Life Sciences Law Committee
The past two years have seen a wide array of scientific discovery and legal issues that affect the development, production, distribution and use of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology products and medical devices as well as ways of providing health services. At record speed the field facilitated innovation and regulated risks. In a conference spanning two days, industry speakers and other legal experts will try to sum up key developments featuring a dynamic roundtable session, as well as panels covering the following topics across the different sectors of the healthcare and life sciences industry.
Özge Atılgan Karakulak, chair of our life sciences practice and co-chair of the IBA Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee, will be the co-chair of the conference and she will share her experiences at the session “Compulsory licensing or competition arrangements: a new way to access medicines and vaccines?” on 4th of June.
- 3 keynote speeches:
- BioNTech on the supply of vaccines and intellectual property stakes to tackle the Covid-19 virus and other diseases;
- The French Health Data Hub on the development of Al & Health and the sharing of health data in support of innovation; and
- Novartis on patent infowars;
- moot court on vaccine liability in Covid-19;
- 15 roundtables of current hot topics;
- new investment models in life sciences companies;
- compulsory licensing or co-opetition arrangments: a new way to access medicines and vaccines?;
- international transparency and cooperation for pricing / reimbursement;
- beyond data protection: wider legal and ethical considerations around data collection and use; and
- will artificial intelligence replace physicians? AI reshuffles the cards by reallocating roles, risks and liabilities.
Venue and Date:
Friday, 3 - 4 June 2022
Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, Paris, France