In the eighth of our Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) decision review webinars, we discussed "Nehera decision" of CJEU. At our webinar; Güldeniz Doğan Alkan, Cansu Evren and Ayşenur Çıtak Bozdağ discussed "Whether refiling of a prior well-known trademark by a third party is a tribute or free-riding?"
- Summary of the dispute subject to the decision of the CJEU and the court decision
- Evaluation of the claims of the parties and the approach of the Court on bad faith, well-known status and free-riding concepts
- Evaluation of the decisions of Turkish Court of Cassation and CJEU on bad faith, well-known status and free-riding concepts
- Milestone decisions of Turkish Court of Cassation and CJEU related to these concepts
- Concept of just cause
- Evaluation on the “Nehera” decision