Güldeniz Doğan Alkan joined the firm in 2006 and has been a partner since 2017. Güldeniz is both lawyer and a trademark and patent attorney specializing in Intellectual Property law. She focuses on trademark and design, and copyright as well as unfair competition.
Güldeniz advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters including implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies, and represents clients before the Ankara IP courts (including actions against the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office) and represents clients before courts in cancellation, infringement and other types of action. She also works in IP enforcement where she supervises and drafts oppositions and appeals on trademark and design applications before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
She represents foreign, multinational and Turkish clients from numerous business sectors including food and beverage, fashion, cosmetics, textile, electronics, entertainment, hotel and tourism, media and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, radio and TV broadcasting, telecoms, tobacco on all aspects of Intellectual Property and regulatory matters.
Seminar on Dispute Resolution Procedure in the New Internet Domain Name System and Its Effects on Practice, Ankara Bar Association Intellectual Property and Competition Law Board, Moderator, Ankara, Turkey, 28.03.2023
Trademark Law in Turkey Key Developments and Predictions 2022, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, 03.06.2022
ABAD Decision Review - III: “Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini v. EUIPO - J-M.- E.V. e hijos, SRL ”decision, Gün + Partners Webinar, Moderator, 17.02.2021
Key Developments and Predictions for Trademark Law in Turkey - 2020 With a Focus on the Impacts of the COVID-19, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, 18.05.2020
Law and Trademark law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association - Trademark Attorneyship 2nd level Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Ankara, Turkey, 04.01.2020
Law and IP law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association - Trademark Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Ankara, Turkey, 10.11.2019
Law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association – Patent Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Ankara, Turkey, 03.11.2019
Law and IP law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association – Trademark Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Istanbul, Turkey, 20.10.2019
Law and IP law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association – Trademark Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Istanbul, Turkey, 13.10.2019
Law and IP law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association – Trademark Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Ankara, Turkey, 29.09.2019
Law, Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association – Patent Attorneyship Pre-Exam Training, Instructor, Ankara, Turkey, 15.09.2019
Recent EU Case Law and Turkish Court of Appeals Precedents on Trademark, Gün + Partners – World IP Day, Moderator, Istanbul, Turkey, 26.04.2019
Turkey’s New IP Code and Key Changes for Trademarks, Gün + Partners Seminar, Panellist, Istanbul, Turkey, 13.04.2018
Trademark Infringement under Turkish Law, Model Court of Justice 2018, Speaker, Ankara, Turkey, 09.02.2018
Turkey’s new Industrial Property Code (No. 6769), Gün + Partners Seminar, Speaker, Paris, France, 05.04.2017
- The Revocation Procedure of Trademarks to be Handled by the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office
- Is Partial Victory a Real Victory?
- A Precedent on 3D Trademarks’ Enforcement
- Proof of Bad Faith: The Turkish Court of Cassation Adopts a Surprising Stance
- Implementation of the Limitation of Goods and Services by the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office
- Countdown to Revocation Requests at The TPTO
- Court of Cassation Puts an End to Long-Running Sheraton Dispute
- Patent and Trademark Office Rejects Applications Based on Interdependence Principle
- Patents, Trade Marks, Copyright and Designs 2022 in Turkey
- V Versus V: Assessment of Similarity Between One-letter Trademarks
- Recent Case Highlights Lack of Harmonisation Between Courts’ Approach and PTO’s Practice
- Appeal Court Issues Significant Decision on Jurisdiction in Case of Online Infringement
- Higher Board Decides in Favour of UGG Based on Well-known Trademark Status and Principle of Interdependence
- Regional Court of Appeal Issues Controversial Reversal Decision
- A Closer Look at the Turkish Court of Cassation’s Supervisory Power and Its Boundaries
European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA), Member of Publication Committee
Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Patent and Trademark Attorneys’ Association of Turkey (PEM), Board Member
Association of Trademark and Design Law Practitioners (APRAM)
Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
Intellectual Property and Competition Law Commission of Ankara Bar
European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
The Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES), Member of Designs Team
- 2021, Faculty of Law, Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Paris LL.B.
- 2013, Faculty of Business Administration, Anadolu University, Eskişehir MA
- 2011, European Law, Gazi University, Ankara LL.M.
- 2005, Faculty of Law, Galatasaray University, Istanbul LL.B.
- 2001, Charles de Gaulle French High School, Ankara