Görkem Bilgin has been with the firm since 2012 and became a partner in 2021. His practice is focused on corporate and M&A, life sciences, energy and natural resources, and insurance and reinsurance practice areas.
Görkem’s practice mainly concentrates on corporate and commercial law issues with a focus on merger and acquisitions and corporate governance issues. He has been involved in various M&A transactions and advised foreign and Turkish companies on their joint ventures, drafted and negotiated SPAs, SHAs and JV agreements, conducted the due diligence processes, and prepared and re-structured numerous commercial agreements.
Görkem also advises and represents clients from life sciences sector, especially multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies in relation to their complex agreements and engagements with the authorities as well as their distributors and manufacturers.
Görkem advises clients, both national and international, on Turkish energy and natural resources legislation, providing advisory services in the areas of energy law.
Görkem assists insurance companies from the regulatory aspect, and he advises national and international insurance companies regarding localization of the insurance and reinsurance policies in Turkey.
Effective Contract Management, Ethics and Reputation Society and Gün + Partners, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, October 19, 2018
- Corporate Governance in Turkey 2023
- Insurance Litigation 2023 in Turkey
- Notification Obligation to Tax Office for Registered Transactions in the Trade Registry is Abolished
- Corporate Governance and Directors Duties in Turkey Overview
- Recent Changes in Relation to Determination of Companies Subject to Independent Auditing
- Extension of the Deadline Regarding Amendments to the Communiqué With Respect to Capital Loss and Negative Equity
- Substantial Amendments to the Regulation on Distance Contracts
- Product Liability and Safety 2022 in Turkey
- Effective Date of Additional Obligations on Consumer Protection Approaches
- Private M&A 2022 in Turkey
- The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review, 10th Edition, Turkey Chapter
- Making Payments in Turkish Lira in Movable Sale Contracts Has Become Mandatory
- The Necessity to Convert the Additional Workplaces into Branches or Close Them Down
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Gains More Importance Day by Day
- Declaration of Ultimate Beneficial Ownership in Turkey
International Bar Association (IBA)
- 2008, Faculty of Law, Marmara University, Istanbul LL.B.
- 2002, Edremit Anatolian High School, Balıkesir