Zeynep Seda Alhas joined the firm in 2006 and became a partner in 2017. She is both a lawyer and a trademark attorney specializing in Intellectual Property law. She focuses trademark and design, anti-counterfeiting, and copyright.
Zeynep’s IP litigation practice focuses on trademarks, designs, unfair competition and copyrights. She advises a wide range of foreign and domestic clients from numerous business sectors on implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies,
She has vast experience in civil IP litigation, as well as domain name and unfair competition conflicts, representing clients in cancellation, invalidation, infringement and other civil court actions and domain name ADR proceedings, filing for interlocutory and precautionary injunctions, negotiating and drafting co-existence, settlement and licensing agreements.
Zeynep has been involved in numerous anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy campaigns, handled and supervised evidence gathering and criminal raid procedures all around Turkey, and works with the firm’s in-house investigations department closely.
She advises on portfolio management strategies and represents clients before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (TPTO), and supervises opposition and appeal procedures for trademark, design and well known trademark applications to the TPTO.
Combating Counterfeiting in Turkey, JETRO - International Intellectual Property Protection Forum, Speaker, 27.10.2022
Trademark Law in Turkey Key Developments and Predictions 2022, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, 03.06.2022
What Happened in the World of Intellectual Property in the Days of Pandemic and Perspectives for the Future, IPR Gezgini, Speaker, 10.03.2021
The Effects of COVID-19 on Anti-counterfeiting Activities in EMEA Region, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, 22.06.2020
Key Developments and Predictions for Trademark Law in Turkey - 2020 With a Focus on the Impacts of the COVID-19, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, 18.05.2020
World IP Day – Conversation on Impact of COVID-19 on IP, Gün + Partners Webinar, Speaker, 27.04.2020
Enforcement Issues and Best Practices on Anti-Counterfeiting, Gün + Partners – World IP Day, Moderator, Istanbul, Turkey, 26.04.2019
Trademark – Design – Artistic Works Mock Trial, AIPPI Turkey - Sertaç Köksaldı – 5th Intellectual Property Law Seminar, Counsel for the Defence, Istanbul, Turkey, 06.04.2018
Trademark Litigation in Emerging Markets, INTA - 139th Annual Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, 21.05.2017
New Intellectual Property Code Enters into Force, AIPPI Türkiye and Ozyegin University, Panellist, Istanbul, Turkey, 01.04.2017
Turkey’s New Industrial Property Code (no:6769), Gün + Partners Seminar, Speaker, Istanbul, Turkey, 10.02.2017
- Can The Accused be Acquitted Solely on The Grounds That The Number of Seized Counterfeits Is Very Low?
- A New Era in .Tr Extended Domain Names - and a New Issue Waiting for a Solution
- Turkish Court of Cassation’s Recent Decision on Search and Seizure Orders is Strengthens the IP Owners’ Position
- Patents, Trade Marks, Copyright and Designs 2022 in Turkey
- Turkish IP Office Rules on Similarity of Figurative Marks: Timberland’s Tree Emblem
- Similarity of Short Trademarks: Patent and Trademark Office Deviates From Practice in Groundbreaking Decision
- Challenges and Opportunities When Combatting Counterfeits in Turkey
- IP Court Rules on Red Bull’s Colour Marks in an Infringement Claim
- Red Bull Triumphs in Opposition Before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office
- A Look at Brand Enforcement During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- District Court Upholds Foreign Mark Owner’s Opposition Based on ‘Genuine Right Ownership’ Ground
- Combating Counterfeit Hygiene Products, Along With COVID-19
- COVID-19’s Impacts on Criminal Raids and Customs Suspensions Based on Trademark Infringement
- CJEU Declares the Criteria to be Considered in Determination of Bad Faith
- Could Use of a Registered Trademark Cause Infringement?
Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle Turkey (AIPPI Turkey), Board Member
Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI), Piracy and Counterfeiting Committee
International Trademark Association (INTA), Anticounterfeiting Committee
Istanbul Arbitration Center (ISTAC), Secretary of Intellectual Property Working Commission
Patent and Trademark Attorneys’ Association of Turkey (PEM)
- 2006, Faculty of Law, Galatasaray University, Istanbul LL.B.
- 1999, Samsun Anatolian High School, Samsun